सौ सोनार की, एक लोहार की (Hindi)
- Translation: A single blow of a blacksmith is equal to a hundred blows of a goldsmith.
- Meaning: Generally used to demonstrate the power of a strong person to a weak one.
जान है तो जहान है(Hindi)
- Translation: (If) there's life, then there's the world.
- Meaning: Only if you are alive, things matter.
जंगल में मोर नाचा किस ने देखा ? (Hindi)
- Translation: Who saw a peacock dance in the woods?
- Meaning: Even a very good thing will have to be made public, to be acclaimed by people.
जिस की लाठी उस की भैंस (Hindi)
- Meaning: Whoever owns the lathi (a huge cane/stick) eventually owns the buffalo.
- English equivalent: Might is right.
जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी ॥
- Translation: One's mother and homeland are greater than even heaven.
- Translation: The insider who knows all the secrets can bring down Lanka (a very prosperous city in Hindu mythology)
- Meaning: Beware of the insider, for he can bring down the biggest setup (because of his insider knowledge).
- Translation: What does a monkey know of the taste of ginger?
- Meaning: Someone who can't understand can't appreciate (or) Someone without refined tastes cannot appreciate a fine thing.
- Translation: What is the use of crying when the birds ate the whole farm?
- Meaning: There is no use crying over something that has already finished/happened.
- Translation: After eating 900 hundred rats, the cat goes to Hajj.
- Meaning: After committing many serious crimes showing a Saintly behavior or displaying fake goodness.
पहले प्रकाशित किये गए मुहावरे:
- प्रसिद्ध हिंदी कहावतें एवं हिंदी मुहावरे - भाग 9 | Popular Proverbs & Sayings -Part 9
- हिंदी कहावतें एवं हिंदी मुहावरे - भाग 8 | Famous Hindi Idioms, Phrases And Proverbs-Part 8
- विभिन्न देशों की कहावतें तथा लोकोक्तियाँ - Sayings and Proverbs Of Different Countries
- हिंदी कहावतें एवं हिंदी मुहावरे - भाग 7 | Famous Hindi Idioms, Phrases And Proverbs-Part 7
- हिंदी कहावतें एवं हिंदी मुहावरे - भाग 6 | Famous Hindi Idioms, Phrases And Proverbs-Part 6
- हिंदी कहावतें एवं हिंदी मुहावरे - भाग 5 | Famous Hindi Idioms, Phrases And Proverbs-Part 5